Friday, November 26, 2010

#9 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

I actually finished this book a few days ago but due to the holiday it took me a while to get to this. That said, this book was AMAZING. It built up the story in so many ways that you are torn back and forth into believing one thing then another then back to the original thought then another then back again. And the last few chapters were just a flurry of action that allowed you to just fly through the pages. And if you've read the book then you know the crap that hits the fan and if you haven't then just stop reading here because I will spoil it.

This book just had me flip flopping back and forth to thinking which side Snape was really on. One moment Harry would have you sure he was evil, then Dumbledore would say no which you had to trust. Which makes the end with Snape killing Dumbledore bothersome. Was the whole situation all a matter of Harry being right and Dumbledore being wrong? Because that just seems unbelievable. Or is it a matter of finding out soon that it was all part of the plan and Dumbledore told Snape to kill him for the overall good. I don't know, you may but I do not and that is something I am very interested in getting to with this last book.

But other than that I love how there were a LOT of recurring characters and I love the memory flashbacks that start to piece together the whole story and I love the sexual tension that is building between the 3 and Ginny and then I love how the book ends off like Empire Strikes Back did. The plan for the final chapter is set and now it is just time to wrap up all the loose ends and finish this journey.

So here we are. I have really enjoyed these books but I am ready to finish them. It has gotten to the point where I have almost forgotten this whole blog thing isn't just me reading the Harry Potter books. I have more stories to touch upon. I plan on seeing the 7th movie on Wednesday afternoon so hopefully I will have the book done by then.

NEXT UP:
#10 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

No comments:

Post a Comment